Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trip to Mobile


Micah's Trip to Mobile

This Fall, we made two visits to Mobile to see Grandma & Grandpa. Grandma Anne dusted off a few old toys from the attic to keep Micah busy. These included a yellow riding toy named "Ollie", a red wooden table along with a tiny blue chair, a spinning top, a musical walking toy, and an old spring horse, (maybe it's supposed to be called a "rocking" horse, but you bounce on this one instead of rock...)

We also tried to recreate a photo taken of me when I was maybe 3 years old sitting on a wooden bench. (The bench is now a permanent fixture in the dining room of my parent's home.) In the picture of me sitting on the bench, I did just that...sit. Micah, on the other hand, was EVERYWHERE--He wouldn't sit still! Out of the 25+ pictures that I took, Micah faced the camera in only 2 of them. I was able to use one of the two pictures for our Christmas card. I now have a much greater respect for professional photographers!

Trying to mount Ollie


Trying to dismount Ollie


Coloring on (literally) the wooden table


One of the two photos that caught Micah looking at the camera


I'm still not quite sure how I captured this photo...

2 comments:

  1. Now that is pure "adorableness". (haha--is that even a word??) "My Angel" is growing up to fast and is precious. Just have to pinch those cheeks. Give him a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a grandma who dusts off old toys!!! a girl after my heart! love it!!

    ReplyDelete